- Check if you open the project in the same version of Movavi Video Editor.
If you used a later version of the program to create a project and then open it in the earlier version, it will not open. The version of the program can be checked via Help -> About menu of the program.
- Recall if there were any crashes or hangs the last time you worked on that project.
If at some point any crashes occurred, look up for the temporary TMP or AUTOSAVE files in the folders:
- Videos\Movavi program name\Projects for Windows OS.
-Users/your_user_name/Movies/Movavi Library for macOS.
Note that if you are using other folders to look up for your project, you need to look up for your files there.
Temporary files are usually created for the software internal use, we cannot guarantee that it is saved correctly and that it will open.
- The error might be caused by the files being protected or removed while editing.
This happens if images were added from the removable drive, from the cloud, or the file became protected from reading.
We would recommend copying the files to your hard drive before you start video editing.
If your project does open, but it is looking for the files, please refer to this article.
- You can try moving the project file .mepx or .mepj into the folder on your desktop, as well as all the photos, videos, used in the project.
If none of the above worked, please, message us via Support Center for further investigation.