The below article is relevant for Movavi Video Editor 11 and higher, Movavi Video Suite 15 and higher, Movavi Screen Capture Studio 7 and higher ('Edit Video'), Movavi Slideshow Maker for Windows OS.
This type of errors can be caused by several reasons:
- encoder stops due to the incorrectly functioning drivers.
Try disabling all the ticked accelerations on the Video Editor menu Settings - Preferences - Acceleration.
In order to avoid the issue in the future, check whether your graphic card drivers are up-to-date.
You can follow this instruction to update the drivers.
- check the amount of the free space on your hard drive, if required, change the output drive.
- If you have 2 graphic cards and the above methods do not help, consider switching to your embedded card as preferable.
- please also note that all the files added to your project should still be at the same location with when you started the project.
If the files were added from a remote drive and that drive was removed, it will not be possible to save the video.
- in case if codec activation has been rejected by the end user, it will not be possible to export a video in certain formats.
- please note that if a stabilization has been applied to your video, sometimes there might not be enough resources to render the output.
Therefore, if you have a stabilized a video, it does not export and the above methods were not helpful, please try trimming off the very last frame of the fragment with stabilization.
- if you have a 32-bit OS but your project contains a large amount of videos, titles and transitions, we recommend to divide a project into several parts and try exporting them one by one.
In case the problem is not resolved, and you have checked all the above options, please contact us.